Thursday, September 18, 2008

Life in Palermo

Wow I'm pretty excited that my blog is getting some good mileage online. I have at least two people who are reading my blog that I have never met. Unless of course they are secretly some friends from work who are trying to trick me. In any case, I thought I'd share some photos about what it's like living in BA.

First, I mentioned the parks. There are so many beautiful parks in the city. We decided last week to go to Recoleta and stopped in this great park to listen to some reggae music - yes surprising not everything is tango here - and look at the markets. Was really nice. (Ariel is looking for a seat for us in this photo.)

One of my fav things to do is EAT!!! And I LOVE my empanadas - this is a common place I go at the end of the day to tide me over before dinner. You can also get them delivered but its a lot easier for me in person plus honestly I am not so great with Spanish on the phone yet. They are extremely delicious. I decided to take a photo of my fav empanada shop down the street. I usually get three empanadas for around 6 pesos (3$) - different kinds like chicken, ham/cheese, etc.. I would normally have asked to pose with the empanada chef but he seemed a little busy... next time.. see the empanadas on the back wall... Yum!...


There are some great restaurants in Palermo, some are more upscale than others. For example, we had drinks and some meat/cheeses on this cool rooftop restaurant nearby. Service here wasn't exactly the fastest but great view and yummy snacks. We are basically celebrities as you can see from the pic so surprised that the service wasn't better for us.




Of course after a nice day walking around, where else would we go than to one of the local eateries and have a nice dinner and some beer. This is a little cute restaurant down the street where we had dinner this evening. I love the Quilmes local beer. I have run out of heavy clothes to wear as I packed mostly t-shirts (thanks Marnie hahaha just kidding Marnie is the best packer in the world! She helped me pack for my trip) so I am now wearing Ariel's hoodies (see picture). I really need to go shopping this weekend! They have some really cool stuff here.


Speaking of shopping, my shoes that I bought in TO prior to leaving have been a real hit here. I really love them and they get a lot of good comments. I am posting them for your viewing pleasure. They are super comfy and I really like them... Great dancing shoes!! I am making Ari go out this weekend so stay tuned!!!! Should be fun.

Adios,
Miguel

PS - Important note - I've made it possible to add comments to the blog (I'm an advanced user now)... but keep it clean!!!!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those look like Eminem's shoes :) Very nice. The pics are great! I'm glad you both are having a good time :)

Anonymous said...

Oooh! Royal Elastics. I love those shoes. :)

Sarah said...

Glad you're enjoying. What hip shoes, Mike! Do you really think they don't know you're a tourist...haha. Great photo of the seltzer bottles. I'll need a copy for the wall. a...n....d...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU, HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR MICHAEL, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!!!!! Holy c..p...Dad is freaking. We wish you only good health, happiness and fun times. Love to Ariel.

HONEY & DAD xoxoxo