It's Sunday morning in Buenos Aires. Ariel is still sleeping and finally the internet is working so I can blog. We've had a bit of trouble with the net (it's been off and on throughout the day) and unfortunately the repair man they sent over did little more than tell me that the internet was working during the time he was here. Anyhow, things are going great here. Except for one minor thing... Charles (see right for mug shot).
We found Charles the other night here in our washroom and unfortunately had to kill him immediately. He was the largest cockroach (cooka-racha) I have ever seen and I had to take a photo of him for the blog. I hope we don't find any more because we are B.A. celebrities and should not be having to deal with this. Perhaps another reason we found him... Louisa the maid has decided to take a vacation and hasn't been here in almost 2 weeks. I'm looking forward to seeing her again on Tuesday.We've been trying out a bunch of restaurants as we are both such foodies.
Our favourite so far is still the parilla restaurant near our place where we went last Friday and also this Friday [see 'bare feet' photo from earlier post]. We also found a great Peruvian restaurant (see right) where we had some great food and martinis. They were taking photos for a their website and definitely wanted us to be on the site enjoying the food. So we actually may have permanently made our mark here. Here is a photo of us enjoying martinis there - we got some free martinis for being in the photos and looking hot to help them sell their items... We talked to this nice couple in the restaurant from Lima who were giving us tips for our upcoming Peruvian vacation. I have been really doing a great job planning the trip as you can see from my nerdy spreadsheet / dashboard where I have been tracking whether or not we have booked things yet. (see left). We leave on Saturday for Uruguay with Sean and Katrine for 2 days, then off to Cusco to see Machu Picchu etc.

You know how I love to pose with people. Luckily, yesterday we took a trip to Tigre, a town near the river and I was lucky enough to bump into a celebrity here in Buenos Aires. He cast a spell on me to try to help me improve my Spanish...Gracias Harry!
It was a such a great day yesterday for being outside. Nice, warm and sunny. I ended up with a farmers tan. Ariel and I had some picada (mediocre taste but cute with the international flags). Ariel is trying to figure out where to spit the mystery meat in the photo. One great thing that we got to do yesterday was re-enact a scene from Brokeback Mountain with a cute little mule (see photo below). I know I don't look like a true cowboy since my feet are not in the stirrups but I didn't want to hurt the mule so I kept my weight on my feet. I really want to frame this photo for our condo at home.

I am going to write another entry now -- this is what I get for not blogging enough!!
Miguel!

No comments:
Post a Comment