Sunday, September 28, 2008

Home away from home...

Buenos Aires is our home away from home...

Although we are far away from Toronto, it's sometimes nice to get some reminders of our home in Canada (aside from the cold weather - that I am not missing hehe). In particular, it is always good to know that there are franchises from Canada, such as this supermarket - see right - with offices in Buenos Aires.

It is also great to have friends here. Last night we went over to Sandra's house, a woman from Deloitte Argentina. She organized a home-made pizza party. I pigged out on the first pizza brought out only to find out that they were making 5 other pizzas. Something must have gotten lost in translation. Sandra loves puzzles and at the end of the night, broke out some puzzles for everyone to do. I love puzzles - unfortunately couldn't solve this puzzle of Sandra's.

I was getting a bit frustrated and ran to the kitchen to spray on some of Sandra's water-mist to refresh myself and re-energize. I really love these water misting thingies...great for the dryness and also something I should have as a B.A. celebrity. Ariel made apple crumble and we played Pictionary - Spanish words but I had my Spanish/English dictionary nearby. It was a fun evening and I think I proved that I cannot draw very well. I will stick to blogging.


Doing puzzles is much more intellectual than our parties, where people just pile on to the couch. I am attaching a picture from my party 3 weeks ago which I didn't get to include at the time. It's greyed out since it's in the past (like they do on Big Brother).

It's the Jewish new year and although we are away from home, it's great to see Chabad house here is in full force. That's a nice reminder of home to see the high holiday table out.


Most importantly, Ariel and I don't feel far away from home since we have each other. People have been asking about how we are getting along. As you can see from the photo, we have been getting along fantastically!
Until next time!
Hugs from down south,
Miguel

No comments: