Sunday, September 21, 2008

Colombian House Party & Antiques

Saturday evening started at Sean and Katrine's house where Katrine celebrated her 24th birthday (wow, how young). Sean made tacos and lemon mojitos (yummy). Sean really enjoyed the mojitos as well and unfortunately couldn't be with us as this photo was taken.

In the picture is Katrine and Andy (friend from Oregon). Andy, as you can see, is apparently not shaving his beard while he's travelling...

Then, off we went to a friend's house party. Of course I didn't know the hosts but they welcomed us with open arms and drinks. As you can see I got to know a few of them in the kitchen (see photo)...


My favourite moment of the night included joining into an impromptu conga line in the living room. Those latin guys and gals sure love to dance. I love conga lines!

I tried to take over the dj booth at one point to change the latin music to house music but it wasn't very well received.


So I stayed in the kitchen with these two girls who would do anything to have their pic posted on my blog. [editors note: this is not the original picture. Original photo has been censored]


I think we will hang out with these people again as they were a lot of fun. We left the party around 4:30 and came home. I'm still trying to get out clubbing but so far no good.


Today we woke up and went to the San Telmo antique market. This is my second time to the market (we visited it last time we visited BA). The same stalls are there selling the same stuff... This is one of the only good stalls there-- I really like these soda pop things but not sure what they are exactly.


It's quite a scene in San Telmo with musicians, buskers and the stalls.



This picture doesn't really do it justice but the market draws quite the crowd.

Today also marked the first day of spring in Buenos Aires. All the students were out in the parks as they do traditionally on the first day of spring. You could just feel like it was starting to warm up in the city. I love the spring and am looking forward to a great spring and start of summer here in BA. Here's a pic of Ariel in Plazo de Mayo with the sun setting behind him.. Ariel really likes posing with the side angle as you can see.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Mike & Ariel-enjoying very mucho reading your blog. Warning-if you continue to eat out at these quaint restaurants as much as you are; you may find youselves enrolling in a sumo class. The items that you describe Mike, make my mouth water.
Ziggy & I are the best of friends, as we go for countless walks together. The real surprise is that I allow him to sleep with me. He is one good little dog and we are enjoying him immensly.
Keep the photoes coming as it gives me a sense of life in BA. Remember I want some spanish lessons from you when you return, so study hard.
Be well, be safe, and enjoy.

Love
uncle Stan
PS love & regards from Linda

Anonymous said...

Looks like you're having so much fun! I wish I could have packed myself in your suitcase :) Big hugs!!!!
Marnie