Monday, October 6, 2008

End of Act I ... Beginning of Act II: Uruguay

It's been a few days since I've blogged and a lot has been happening... I am writing to you now from an internet cafe Cusco, Peru. I have 6 minutes on the clock so time is tight and I am lightheaded from the high altitude. I will tell you all about Peru... in a future blog. Today is my wrap-up blog to cover Buenos Aires and our recent weekend in Uruguay. [editors note: I cant type on this crazy keyboard in this internet cafe so this blog is messy....]

When I last wrote, I was heading to a nightclub for the first time in Buenos Aires. They really know how to party here-- clubs don't get started until 3am. It was a great way to celebrate my last day of work until January. One moment which I managed to capture is running into a BA legend.. the woman who dances and balances a water bottle on her head. I was very impressed with her abilities and of couse wanted to pose with her. Don't ask me why her water looks urine coloured. For a few days after this late clubbing night, I was been feeling a bit sluggish and kinda just played it low key (i.e. no blogging or photos).


This past weekend we decided to visit Uruguay. Our first stop: Colonia - a historic town 1 hour away by ferry boat. Colonia is a beautiful historic place with cobblestone streets (see right) and is very romantic. And no... no one is engaged.



Ariel and I got up early on Saturday and took the ferry to Colonia to meet Sean, Katrine, Mick, Sean's dad & Sean's brother Erik.

The thing to do in Colonia apparently is to rent scooters... at first I was a bit apprehensive but soon I was driving around like a champ (see hot biker picture of me to the right).

We drove our scooters to an abandoned bullring in Colonia which was a really cool experience. Here's a picture of our motorcycle gang.


It was actually a lot of fun driving around town in the scooter. Those of you who know me know that I would have been worried at times about falling off... Fortunately I held my own on the bike but apparently it is possible to fall off as Mick & Erik demonstrated. OUCH! Luckily, there were no serious injuries, just some scrapes...



Cute photo of Ariel by the water.











Then we were off to Montevideo by bus... Bus cost only 8$ which was a steal!






Eating meat in Montevideo... YUM!!!









Skyline in Montevideo














Cool architecture in Montevideo















In Montevideo, we stayed at this Gay B&B. Quite an experience as they threw a party the night we were staying and the hotel transformed into a nightclub... they had a couple of cute dogs which made me miss my Ziggy at home!! Ziggy is MUCH cuter!!! Love you Ziggy.


Nice photo of us modelling by the Uruguay flag. Thanks Uruguay for a great weekend!!!



Ciao, Miguel

1 comment:

Cindy said...

Ha! great pictures mikey.

Can't wait to try your crepes when you get back home!

xox

Cindy